In order to use the service clients must join as a member of the Shopmobility scheme and to do so must be able to prove their identity by producing 2 types of ID (proof of address and signature). No deposit is required and customers will be given a membership card that must be produced every time they use the service.
Important: Shopping centres can be very crowded places and consideration needs to be given at all times to other people, therefore all customers will be instructed regarding the use of equipment and safety prior to using the service.
Safety tips for users
- Always keep the speed reduced when in busy or confined areas.
- Be courteous and show consideration for other users of the centre. Remember that pedestrians often stop suddenly and you may not be able to stop as quickly, so reduce your speed and keep your distance.
- Always follow the safety instructions given to you by our staff about the use of your vehicle.
- Reduce your speed when cornering.
- When leaving the vehicle unattended, always take the key with you and try to leave it where it won't inconvenience others.
- Never let anyone else use the equipment issued to you and never let anyone ride on your vehicle with you, even if this is a small child, as this upsets the balance of the vehicle.
- Finally, if you do have an accident of any sort always inform your Shopmobility scheme. They can then give the vehicle a safety check before somebody else uses it.
Note: Shopmobility reserves the right to refuse a booking if in the opinion of the coordinator the customer does not meet the conditions of use satisfactorily. We also reserve the right to ask an individual to be re-assessed every 6 months if there are any concerns regarding the user’s ability to continue using the vehicles.
The Shopmobility service is a free service primarily due to funding from the Disabled Drivers Association of Ireland, but also the support of the shopping centres. Donations are welcome.