In order to use the service clients must join as a member of the Shopmobility scheme and to do so must be able to prove their identity by producing 2 types of ID (proof of address and signature). No deposit is required and customers will be given a membership card that must be produced every time they use the service.
Safety tips for users
- Always keep the speed reduced when in busy or confined areas.
- Be courteous and show consideration for other users of the centre. Remember that pedestrians often stop suddenly and you may not be able to stop as quickly, so reduce your speed and keep your distance.
- Always follow the safety instructions given to you by our staff about the use of your vehicle.
- Reduce your speed when cornering.
- When leaving the vehicle unattended, always take the key with you and try to leave it where it won't inconvenience others.
- Never let anyone else use the equipment issued to you and never let anyone ride on your vehicle with you, even if this is a small child, as this upsets the balance of the vehicle.
- Finally, if you do have an accident of any sort always inform your Shopmobility scheme. They can then give the vehicle a safety check before somebody else uses it.